Friday, November 9, 2012

First Day

Boy did I feel old sitting there interviewing my classmate next to me. Our first assignment was to meet someone new and ask them a series of question to get to know them better with the finally result making a tag name for each other. I asked her how old she was. "18" she replied. Oh please don't ask me my age I thought after I had gathered my thoughts. Well at least she had siblings older than me. haha

I won't normally put receipts on here well just because I do not cook a whole lot and when I do it's pretty much either very basic(hello my husband is indonesian, chicken and rice are a common thing around here) or I make it up and I do not have time to write it down. BUT I do have one today. And more Bali pics. The last I promise. :)

My Potato Soup, was perfect for the cold rainy day

Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 5 servings

Ingredients

1-3/4 cups diced peeled potatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk, divided
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese

Directions

In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, onion, celery, broth and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk until smooth; stir into potato mixture. Add the remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted.




Mmmm, it was good


First Day of School Outfit

Banana Republic Jeans on sale for $16, Urban Outfitter Plaid $59, Anthropologie sweater $100 Anthropologie boots $100

Here is my final on Bali:My Outfits


American Eagle white jeans, Anthropologie jean shirt, Cooper from Dillards crocheted shirt, Lucky Brand Earrings , Betsy Johnson watch

Hey I got this dress from Target for $12!! Anthropologie necklace on sale for $30 Betsy Johnson watch
You can see my booboo on my elbow from where I fell in the tree house :(

Anthro Top by Konrad and Joseph Reg. $138 on sale on for $40 (here) Topshop skirt Anthro earrings

5 comments:

  1. love all the outfits! and yum that potato soup looks delicious!

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum that soup looks awesome! You look great, I totally know what it feels like when you suddenly feel 'old'....
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first day outfit!! Nice look! The boots are must have!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyaldesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great outfits! Love them all.

    -Meghan

    http://meggiefrue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many outfits at once! Love them! Especially the first one!!

    XX

    www.themirroronthewall.com

    ReplyDelete